Sunday, March 26, 2006

Te Faltaré Ecuador

Well, the day has finally arrived, and I am sad to say, but this will be my final blog from Ecuador. Throughout my time in this country, I have made some great memories and great friends. I am definitely sad to go. Over the past three months this has become my home, and it will be tough to leave it. I am however excited to see my friends and family back in the States, and plan on taking the next few weeks to do just that.

I spent most of the day yesterday packing up my things and making some final purchases. It rained pretty much the entire day, which kept me from seeing a few things that I had planned to. Oddly enough, I spent the evening with some girls fresh out of highschool going to bible school here in Ecuador for a year. They had moved into my hostel and invited me out for a drink (of coffee of course). All in all though it turned out to be a fun night with lots of interesting conversation.

This morning I woke up to a beautiful sunny sky, and was determined to get out and enjoy it. After an early breakfast, I headed over to the Old City. On Sunday mornings they close down the streets and there is live music and plays taking place throughout the plazas. I spent the morning enjoying the festivities and walking about. I also checked out a very interesting photography exhibit displaying photos that sculpted Ecuador's history.

The police were there ready for action just in case something might happen!

After my visit to the Old City, I headed to the Teleferiqo, which is a cable car that takes you high above the city. I was expecting a little place, but turns out it’s a full on amusement park. There was a huge line, and after waiting for close to an hour, I decided that I did not want to spend my final hours in Ecuador waiting in line. Instead I walked around the place, bought a couple more things and enjoyed the view of the city.

My flight leaves here at 6:45pm, but because I have way too much luggage, I am going to get there early and try to sweet talk them into not charging me too much for my overweight bags! Reagan will be picking me up from the airport in Miami. I will spend one evening hanging out with her, and then my mom will be driving me to Tampa in the afternoon. I will post again sometime soon after landing in the states.

Signing out from South America… See you in the States…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home