Monday, March 17, 2008

Ecuador Here I Come!

A view of the Tungurahua Volcano and the town of Baños that sits at its base

Well, the trip to the doctor today was a success and he gave me the go ahead to leave the country, so I'll be headed to Ecuador on Wednesday! I will be in the cast for another week or so and spend a couple more in a brace, but all in all he said the ankle was healing well and that I should be able to resume my normal activities within the next few weeks.

While I have enjoyed being home and spending quality time with my family, I am excited to get back down to South America. I plan to spend the next few weeks in and around Baños (the town where I lived during my last trip to Ecuador) studying Spanish and/or doing some volunteering. At the beginning of April one of my best friends Heather will be coming down to travel around with me for two weeks and immediately following that my mom is flying in for our trip to the Galapagos. I am really excited about the next six weeks and I have a feeling they are going to turn out pretty great. More to come once I arrive back in South America!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home