Monday, January 02, 2006

We Made It!

After a few long, early hours of traveling my mom and I finally arrived in Quito!

We spent the day doing a little bit of exploring in the part of town called "Old Quito," due to its history, old government buildings and churches. I struggled with my Spanish a little bit while speaking with cab drivers and waiters, but overall I feel I was able to communicate successfully. My mom even managed to pick up on a few words today, and I look forward to seeing how much she'll be able to understand by the time she leaves.

Our hostel is pretty basic and I have been trying to point out all of its good qualities to my mom, who has never stayed in a hostel before, much less one in a third world country. It does have a pretty decent view though. Below is a picture looking out the window of our room.

1 Comments:

Blogger AVIANA said...

Hey, I'm glad I bumped on to your site. I'm actually saving money to go to Cartagena, Colombia. However my trip will be for 1 year. Keep your site up. It's making me already nostalgic (if I can say that) for my trip to Colombia at the end of this year.

www.lisafrancisco.blogspot.com

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home