Thursday, March 20, 2008

!Back in Baños!

Man it feels good to be back in Ecudor and specifically in my very favorite town of Baños. I arrived into Quito last night and after grabbing some breakfast headed straight to Baños this morning. Baños is the town in Ecuador where I lived for about six weeks during my last trip two here two years ago. The town is located at the base of volacano and is walled in by lush green mountainsides with waterfalls casading down. Its a pretty beautiful place to spend some time and its been a place I've been wanting to return to ever since I left back in 2006.

After checking into my hostel I quickly headed over to Geotures, the company where I worked before and also where most of my Ecuadorian friends still work. It was so great to see my friends again and I spent hours there just catching up. Later that afternoon I was walking down the sidewalk and happened to run into another old Ecuadorian friend, Alex, who I was told no longer lived in Baños. As it turns out, Alex is only back in town for the weekend, so I really lucked out getting to see him. He is an amazing guitarist and many of my memories from my last trip here involved hearing him play. I am excited to go listen to him play at a nearby resturant later tonight. After which I will be headed to one of the local bars with the Geotures gang for a little fiesta.

I am still not sure exactly what my plan is for the next two weeks, but no matter what I will be spending the weekend here in Baños enjoying the semena santa (Holy Week) festivities!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you are back on track!
Scout

7:58 AM  
Blogger Dunham said...

Try not to get robbed his time! Just kiddin', have fun and stay safe so I can see ya this summer...

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home