Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My last day with my Mom....

Well, today my Mom left Quito and headed back to the states. I had an amazing time traveling Ecuador with her, and only wish she couldĀ“ve been able to stay longer.

We spent all morning, hours literally, searching the local market for last minute gifts and things she wanted to get. I think we made out with some great purchases. Following the market we got a cab and headed for the airport where I said goodbye to my mom. Immediately I headed over to the arrivals of the airport and picked up my friends Keta and Jeremy. They will both be traveling with me for most of my trip.

Tomorrow morning at 6:00am a cab is coming to pick us up and we're headed to the bus station to catch the 7:00am bus to Tena. I am very excited to head into the Jungle. There is a whitewater festival in Tena this weekend which should allow me to finally get back in my boat while also checking out the local culture.

More to come on all that, but now its time for dinner and a cerveza....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home