Friday, November 16, 2007

The Final Hours...

Well its just about 1am and I am finally feeling ready to go, which is good since my flight to Costa Rica is scheduled to take off in less than 5 hours. Last month was extremely hectic, leaving me exhausted and feeling somewhat ill-prepared to leave. In the last two weeks I have had four wisdom teeth removed, a cavity filled, spent a week in Oregon checking out graduate school and retaken the GRE's. That said, I am very excited that the first phase of my trip is finally here and I cannot wait to get out of here!

Tomorrow I am flying into San Jose and really have no idea what to expect. Anne and Jason (the other NOC instructors working in Costa Rica) have been down there for a week already and are scouting out new rivers for us to paddle. I have heard some beta from their trip and apparently there has been a lot of rain and the rivers are flooded, which could make next week's trip an exciting one! It will definitely be a welcomed change from the low levels I experienced in the drought stricken southeast this summer. Our guests for the trip next week don't officially arrive until Saturday, making tomorrow probably the only day off I'll have during the first 5 weeks of my time in Costa Rica. I plan to enjoy it by exploring the city and hopefully freshening up my spanish skills.

I wish I had more to say, but I am tired and hoping to get a few hours of sleep in before getting up for my flight so I'm off to bed. I will post again upon arrival in Costa Rica. Chau!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home