Friday, November 16, 2007

Pura Vida!

Well I have been in Costa Rica now for about 24 hours and I am loving it thus far. It feels so good to be back in a beautiful Latin American country speaking spanish. I literally couldn't stop smiling after I got off the place and took a look around.

Due to a plane malfunction leading to a 3 hours delay and a taxi driver that got lost trying to find my hotel, I didn't actually arrive to my room until close to 5pm (I was suppose to get in at noon). Jason and Anne were there waiting for me and after a little relaxing (and a few tequila shots) we all headed out to dinner. Afterwards we wandered over to another hotel where some friends working for Endless River Adventures (another company from the Nantahala that runs trips in Costa Rica) were staying. We all went out to a bar/club and ended up dancing the night away. It was great fun.

Woke up this morning to start my first official day of work. In order to prepare for next week's trip, we had to do some grocery shopping and as well as pull all of the boats out of storage, clean them, repair them and get them in all around good shape for the guests. The guests arrived this afternoon and in the next hour we will meet them all and get prepared to leave San Jose in the morning. Throughout the next week we will traveling around Costa Rica and getting on some of its best class 4 rivers.

I'll post again when I get the chance and have something worthwhile to say, could be a week or so....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home